Responsibilities of the ISST President
- Enhancing exposure in other countries where ST is not so visible- Meeting the needs of disadvantaged and third-world populations
- Networking with Academic, Industry, and Professional Groups
- Writing – Publishing
- Maintaining Experience via Training and Supervision
- Facilitating dialogues among members
- Integrating new concepts
- Addressing and Confronting difficult issues and conflicts among members
- Fielding conflicts and questions, and directing them to the appropriate branches of the ISST
- Active participation in the monthly board meetings, the Conference, and leading the membership assembly meeting
- Keeping apprised of all rules and regulations governed by the ISST statutes
- Offering transparency and an “open-door” policy to all members of the ISST
The President of the ISST (like an ambassador to a country) should possess a high level of competency in writing, communication, and general interpersonal skills.
©2021 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany
Why Schema Therapy?
Schema therapy has been extensively researched to effectively treat a wide variety of typically treatment resistant conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Read our summary of the latest research comparing the dramatic results of schema therapy compared to other standard models of psychotherapy.